Thursday, March 3, 2011

Reason #2 Bob Mackie Should Hire Me

Reason #2 - Mad Fresh Computer Skills
I feel that my skills in using graphic based programs are superior to other people in the fashion industry.  It's not that they are "lesser" than I, but I have made it my priority to learn all I can about the Programs Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.  As well as these programs I am very comfortable on Microsoft Excel.  So comfortable I even developed a spreadsheet that automatically writes knitting patterns based on the size spec for a sweater.  It's pretty awesome, if any measurements change the pattern rewrites itself!

I am especially proud of my flat sketches in Adobe Illustrator.  I pride myself in making clear and understandable sketches.  Also at the same time that they are clear my flats are also beautiful. 

A Pair of Pants Sketched in Illustrator
My flat sketches in Adobe Illustrator show every detail of the design.  I find it a welcome challenge to learn new things and how it could be used to make my job easier and elevate my work.

2 Jackets rendered using Illustrator

Illustrator can also be used to draw in a stylized manner
In previous posts I have shown my skills in using Adobe Photoshop to edit and color hand sketches.  This becomes VERY useful if there is ever a need to change the color or details of an illustration.  Bob Mackie can turn to me when ever he needs revisions to an existing sketch or photo.  If I don't know how to fix it, I will find out.
 
This was sketched by hand then scanned into Photoshop.  It was edited and colored digitally.  I would be a great asset to the Bob Mackie team.  When do I start work?

-Philip 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...