Monday, February 28, 2011

The Vamp an Illustration

Well hello there!  I'm glad you've made it!  Sit down, pour yourself a drink.  Now that you're comfy and properly lubricated, check out this sassy broad.



I call her "The Vamp."  She's a silent screen star from the early days of Hollywood, not unlike Norma Desmond.  This is actually one of my favorite pieces.  I sketched a few weeks ago and have been dreaming of her sparkly goodness since.  The skull cap and fringe will be varying sized rhinestones in Smoke and Black Diamond colors.  The dress is strapless in a gunmetal bias cut silk satin.  It will be encrusted in smaller sized rhinestones and sequins. The faux over dress brings the drama when it becomes an Erte inspired train complete with a tassel made of the same stones as the skull cap and dress.  The cocoon coat is one of Bob Mackie's favorite shapes.  The cuffs will be fox fur, only the finest for Hollywood's brightest star.  I know the dress is not very period accurate for the 1920s but when you look THAT good, who cares?! 

This is also a great time to show my technology skills off to Mr. Mackie.  The sketch above was actually a composite of 2 different sketches that I put together and colored completely in Photoshop.  See below the original pencil drawings. 


 

Bob, give me a call and let me know when we are going to start working on this ensemble!

-Philip Estrada

1 comment:

  1. This is just an example of a brilliant mind. To me he is so special. This shows a flair for sexy, sleak but simple lines that show off a womans best without going to extremes. If I were one of a lucky few that had the funds, Philip would have had a backer already.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...