Wednesday, February 23, 2011

It's a Sign!

My boyfriend, Ryan, worked his magic and scored him and I seats to last night's taping of "Watch What Happens Live" with host Andy Cohen.  Everyone was super nice there!  Believe it or not,  the show was even funnier in person.  When I first sat down in my seat before the taping I looked across the set to the back wall. On the top shelf was an original Bob Mackie sketch proudly displayed.  Are you kidding me?!  It must be a sign!  It HAS to be a sign!  Bob Mackie is following me for some reason!

Before the show started I whispered to Andy Cohen to get his attention and complimented him on his Mackie.  He said "Oh thanks!  It's real!"  I love that Andy was so proud to share his similar appreciation for Bob Mackie's work.  After the taping I asked Andy if I could get a picture with the Mackie.  Andy replied, "Certainly!  Isn't it great!?"  He also confirmed that he got it at the 2005 Christie's auction when Bob Mackie sold many items in his personal collection.  I wonder if Mr. Cohen bought any other items...  I could only imagine him lounging in a Cher costume sipping some Maker's Mark on the rocks.  I don't judge!

I was super excited!  Apparently I had a stroke.
Photo courtesy of Facebook 

The Tina Turner Sketch - 1977

- Philip Estrada

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...