Thursday, February 17, 2011

Fitz and the Tantrums... Mackie Style

I went to the Fitz and the Tantrums show last night at the Music Hall of Williamsburg. They put on such a GREAT show plus their sound is amazing! The group has a wonderful 50s/60s soul vibe which is infectious as it is exciting. The siniging duties are split between the band's creator Michael Fitzpatrick and Noelle Scaggs. Scaggs was holding my attention most of the show, mostly because of her powerfully soulful voice, and the way she was working that tambourine like she had a grudge against it. I was enjoying the show but I was thinking in the back of my mind, "She needs some Mackie." Perhaps Mr. Mackie and I could work out some nice stage dresses for her.

It could be a pretty fruitful partnership. Fitz has been on the rise for the past year. They sold out all their New York shows. On top of that they were featured on Perez Hilton's website as well as USA Today which always ensures a boost in popularity. Also they have been prominently featured on directional radio stations such as KEXP. I'll sit down and sketch out some ideas for Noelle, more to come.



-Philip Estrada

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...