Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The Lost Art of Jubilee!: The Second Installment

This time next week I will be in Vegas!  The first order of business will be to go see the glittering Bob Mackie clad goddesses over at Jubilee!  If you’ve been following the blog you know by now that I have an unhealthy fixation on showgirls.  Jubilee! will be my new Las Vegas tradition going forward.  In honor of my return to the Neon Oasis in the Mojave Desert I wanted to share with you the second installment of “The Lost Art of Jubilee!” 

This Bob Mackie design was under consideration for the production of Jubilee! when the costumes were still being designed and not a dancer was cast.


I love this costume because it is unlike anything in the show currently.  I wonder what kinds of feathers they would have used to make her giant multi color pom-pom.  The costume wasn’t ultimately used so this sketch was auctioned at Christie’s in 2005.

-Philip Estrada

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...