Monday, January 9, 2012

Inspiration - Downton Abbey

Downton Abbey season 2 premiered on PBS last night and I was more than excited to sit down and watch the 2 hour special!  Leading up to the premier I was recounting the first season and all the beautiful clothing that swept across the screen leaving me breathless. 

One of my favorite things about season 1 was how it began with the news of the sinking of the Titanic.  My mind started its journey from there and I began thinking about the Titanic and its sinking, after all, this year marks the 100th anniversary of the fateful event.  When I think about the Titanic, I also recall the scene in Jubilee!  They showed the passengers arrive to the pier in full high fashion as well as the sinking, right on stage.  It was pretty awesome!
With all this fabulocity clanging around my noodle my hands got to sketching.  This fancy gal is what I came up with. 


Meet Diannis Moorepark.  She has arrived, dressed to the nines in her rhinestone encrusted jacket.  She doesn't seem pleased having to wait to board the Titanic and go to her First Class stateroom.  Let's hope she arrives in New York safe and sound.

-Philip Estrada

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...