Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Cher is Taking It Home

Take me home
Back home is where I want to be
Wrapped in your arms so tight
Just making love... 

Cher is amazing and always will be.  One can't think of Cher without thinking of Bob Mackie and the vice/versa.  I would like to take a moment to share with you some sweet sweet Cher/Mackie action.


Here is the cover for the "Take Me Home" album released by Cher along with the costume illustration. 

One of the many things that I love about Mr. Mackie's work is that the final product looks just like illustrations.  I love the challenge of making the finished ensemble reflect the original design as much as possible.  I thrive on that spur of the moment problem solving, as well as those times when I have to stand back and scratch my head.  It is pure bliss when the solutions to problems hit you like a ton of bricks.  It would be wonderful to work along side Bob Mackie, and I would relish the challenge of interpreting his visions into finished works of art! 

- Philip Estrada

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...